Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Zeus, King of the Gods

OMG ITS LIKE SO TOTALLY SPECTACULAR. read THIS!!!! it's the next part in the story everyone I know is anticipating so much it makes me want to cry i feel so loved right now!!!!!!!!!!!
BY THE WAY
this is right after the thing that happened last night and she fainted and was taken back to her 21st birthday.
BUT BEFORE YOU READ THIS READ THE POST "To Maintain Professionalism..." AND THEN the post "Killing Quarida" its the actual good parts of the story.


I awoke the next morning to the sight of Chives puttering around in the hallway. I was in my bed. How did I get here? Cris must have carried me into my room last night after…
“Chives!” I hollered.
“Coming, Madame!” he hollered back in his British accent.
Just another one-night-stand, I thought to myself. Except I didn’t remember anything after he fell one me. Was it a one-night-stand? He probably got bored with my clumsiness and left for Manchester early. Anything to get away from me, the world’s biggest klutz when it comes to…well…him. Just him. I had never humiliated myself in font of any guy the way I screwed up my life last night. Except for in the seventh grade when Coby Markus, the most popular guy in school who I had had a crush on for basically my whole life, asked me out, and I farted. Right there in front of everyone. And he laughed at me. As did everyone else at the lunch table.
“Yes, Madam?” Chives asked when he arrived at my bedside. I looked over at the clock on my nightstand. I had about an hour before I needed to leave for work, which meant I had less than an hour to write up a review of “My Dinner With Ronaldo” which was, I decided, going to be the title of my piece in the sports section. Of course, it would be nothing like what happened last night. Mainly because I couldn’t remember what had happened last night.
“Mr. Ronaldo boarded his flight safely, I presume?” I asked rolling onto my back.
“What you make for breakfast?” a deep voice hollered from the bathroom to the left of my bead. I rolled all the way over to see a black pants suit lain out to left of me on my bed.
Chives smiled. “Actually, Madame, he lay beside you all night to make sure you were alright. He had to give you mouth-to-mouth, but eventually you started breathing. You never woke up, though.”
OH MY GOD! He cared! He cared enough to make sure I was alive! And he gave me the kiss of life! What’s more romantic than that? Probably a lot of things. But for now, it was the next best thing.
Cris’s lean, muscular body stepped through the bathroom door, steam rising off of his skin. With his short is short hair sticking straight up, still wet from his shower, and one of my guest towels wrapped around his waist, he looked even hotter than he did last night. I could have jumped on him and started kissing him all over. I moved to do get up, but searing pain shot through my chest, and it felt like a hippo was laying on me.
“Good morning, quarida,” he said, darting over to the bed. The steam coming out of the bathroom could have passed for clouds because you know what he looked like? A Greek God. Not just any Greek God, but Zeus, the king of the Gods.
I was speechless. I couldn’t bear this hippopotamus of a chest ache any longer and instantly fell back onto the bed.
“Not feeling better?” he asked, sitting down on the bed next to me. He stroked my forehead with the backs of his fingers, brushing against my hair. “Ronaldo make pretty girl feel better.”
For a second I thought it was me mind reviewing those words again, but no! He had actually said them! Hold on. Where was he going with this?
“If you can move today,” he said, smiling. “You must go on date with me.”
My heart nearly broke free from my chest at the thought of spending another day with him, it was beating so fast.
“Oh,” I said remembering one tiny problem. “I wouldn’t want you to miss your flight, though.”
“I worry about flying later,” he said matter-of-factly. “Today I spend time making pretty broken girl better.”
Yay! I wanted to leap up and sing, I was so happy! But if I did, Cris would probably have hit me over the head with a frying pan and told me shut up. Then leave for Manchester and forget all about our date. I wouldn't have been able to leap anyway, let alone even stand up.
“What time work best for you?” he asked.
“Anytime,” I said, forgetting completely about work.
“Good,” he said with a devilish grin. “I call you then. On the telephono.”

1 comment:

Madi Williamson said...

What do you mean LOOKED like a greek god> he IS a greek god! jeez, got your facts straight. he is a reancarnated version of Zues but hotter.